Contracting? Yes, but New Orders and Production are pointing to a recovery (at least for now). Lets see what respondents are Saying:
- "[There is concern about] overall health of strategic suppliers — continue to see new suppliers filing Chapter 7 or 11, posing significant risk to supply chain." (Machinery)
- "We believe our inventories are now at the bottom of this cycle, driving stronger demand for raw materials." (Paper Products) "
- While our aftermarket business has improved slightly, we are still awaiting an increase in OEM demand." (Transportation Equipment)
- "No stimulus for manufacturing." (Fabricated Metal Products)
- "Looking at another round of shutdowns to align supply with projected demands." (Nonmetallic Mineral Products)