Bob Seawright of the great blog Above the Market, recently put together a consolidated list of his past posts which was a great way to find his older work. I thought it might be similarly helpful for new and old readers alike if I provided a list of links to various posts from EconomPic since coming out of blogger retirement just about a year and a half ago (I had more posts than I thought).
For those interested in a consolidation of the below EconomPic posts (as of March 2016) in an easy to read / printable pdf, please sign up with your email should you come across a pop up banner when visiting the blog or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for the support!
- What Drives Momentum Performance?
- The Case for Momentum in Expensive Markets
- Combining Momentum and Dollar Cost Averaging for Smoother Results
- Avoiding Bear Markets to Improve Risk-Adjusted Returns
- Making Time (Even More of) an Investor's Best Friend
- Using "Normal" Drawdowns as a Timing Signal
- Momentum Applied to Mutual Funds
- A Guide to Creating Your Own Hedge Fund
- The Case for Hedge Funds / Creating an Ideal Liquid Alternative
- The Smoother "PATH": PutWriting At The High
- Can We Predict Forward Alternative Investment Performance?
- Know What You Own: Alternative Funds Edition
- The Case For High Volatility Strategies
- GMO Flows Turn Negative - An Ominous Sign for Risk Taking
- Using the VIX Futures Term Structure to Reduce Equity Exposure
- The Case for Put Writing / Further Improving PutWrite Performance
- Utilizing the Money Sucking $UVXY to Improve Risk-Adjusted Performance
- Adding a VIX Signal to Momentum
- Fad Investments (the Case of Good Harbor)
- The Case for a Steady Volatility-State Managed Portfolios
- The Case for Hussman Strategic Growth
- Looking Back at Risk Parity's Golden Age
- What Exactly Does the VIX Tell Us?
- Why Does Crime Feel Exponentially Higher, When It's Materially Lower
- How the NBA Destroyed League Parity by Increasing Compensation Parity
- From Momentum to Mean Reversion: What the Heck Happened?
- Ignore the Margin Debt Alarm
- Investing with Not-So-Perfect Economic Foresight
- Is there a Relationship Between the Economy and Stock Market?
Active / Passive / Industry Related
- Growth or Value in a Low Growth Environment?
- Buyback Performance Demystified
- Stock Buybacks Demystified
- Are Stocks Cheap? Checking in on Current Valuations
- Valuations Do Matter (Even Over Shorter Time Frames)
- The Mean Reversion Case For (and Against) Strong Future Returns
- Utilizing the Value of Value to Make Value / Growth Tilts
- Death of (Plain Vanilla) Value - Long Live GARP
- P/E Multiples vs (Past and Future) Returns and Volatility
- The Disappearing Value Premium?
- The Case for Avoiding Bonds During Disinflationary Periods
- Global Bonds are a Speculative Investment / The Case for a Speculative Investment
- Tweeting High Yield: A Round Trip in Investor Sentiment
- It's Generally Smart to Avoid Credit Risk
- The Case for an Allocation to Dollar Based EM Debt
- The Relationship Between High Yields and High Yield / Stock Performance
- The Relationship Between TIPS, Treasuries, and Inflation
- An Improved High Yield Alternative
- The Case Against High Yield
- Your Bond Allocation Doesn't Matter as Much as You Think