At least according to this morning's ISM release. Additional, below is what respondents are saying:
- "In general, sales have increased slightly compared to the same period last year. However, [sales] are still significantly less than the same period two years ago." (Public administration)
- "Continuing to show signs of positive growth." (Construction)
- "Business is pretty stagnant; starting to see price erosion in our selling markets." (Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing & Hunting)
- "Due to general economic conditions, we are finding more aggressive pricing and deals to win business in the competitive marketplace." (Health Care & Social Assistance)
- "We are anticipating a slowdown in the third and fourth quarter of this year, with no signs of recovery for the next few quarters." (Professional, Scientific & Technical Services)
- "Purchasing has been cut back to meet expenses. As a result, some segments of company revenue have been negatively impacted." (Retail Trade)
Mixed.... very mixed.